The errors in donejs are often daunting. The stack is so deep that it's often trial and error to figure out where a problem occurs.
In this case, I am running nothing other than donejs. I started with their 'in-depth' guide and built on that. I added a css framework but doubt that has impact and, so far, have only done navigation stuff, ie, update the data model to select different templates that mostly just say, "the blah component".
That is to say, I don't think I have done anything to the process.platform. Especially, as I dug in to find, I have not deleted it. Match() is not a function because process.platform does not exist.
The weird thing is that this wasn't always happening. Because the dev environment has so many console items, I'm not sure when it appeared so I can't track it back to any specific change I made.
Of course, it doesn't seem to matter either. It's disturbing though.
Thanks for answering.