Several people have been asking about DoneJS 3.0 so I wanted to give an update about where it is at.
First, let me explain what DoneJS 3.0 is about. DoneJS 3.0 combines:
- CanJS 5.0 - Using the
- StealJS 2.0 - Tree shaking
- Incremental Rendering - Available since done-ssr 1.1.0, but now enabled by default.
A prerelease of DoneJS 3.0 is available right now that includes the first 2 new features; CanJS 5.0 and StealJS 2.0. You can install it with:
npm install -g donejs@pre
And then create a new app:
donejs add app my-donejs3-app
Note that this will be missing a few things:
- The current prerelease using the traditional full server-side rendering.
- The current prerelease does not utilize constructible can-components and the new way of doing routing.
My anticipated schedule for DoneJS 3 is:
- Get incremental rendering working with our core demo apps. This is what I’m currently working on. It is taking some time mainly because the http2 support in Node.js is quite a bit different from http1.
- Update the generators with the new way of doing routing.
- Enable incremental rendering by default.
When (2) is done I’ll create another prerelease and notify everyone here. Same for when (3) is done. I would expect DoneJS 3.0 to be releasing soon afterwards (after some last-second crossing of the i’s).