Thank you for reporting and your canjs support. We take this very seriously. Nurturing a friendly and supportive community is EXTREMELY important to me. It’s part of our Code of Conduct which states (emphasis mine):
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Support is so important, that Bitovi has an individual dedicated to nurturing the community: @chasen. (He was off work yesterday).
Project maintainers are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
Project maintainers have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
To clarify, the reported individual is not a Bitovi employee or core team member. He’s also a non-native English speaker and communicating intent in a text-based medium is notoriously problematic. There’s a world of different meaning between:
- You’re problem is so simple, anyone who knows anything, even a little CSS, could easily solve it. - Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- I’m not sure the right solution, and am unable to provide a better suggestion than encouraging you to spend time figuring out how to perform the right layout in CSS. - While not providing a solution, attempting to provide a bit of encouragement
Please continue to let us know ways we can keep improving your experience. And given the sensitivity of some matters, it’s completely appropriate to email us directly email@example.com, or message us individually on gitter.
The Bitovi core team members are:
The other core team members are: