Rough meeting notes:
Attendees: @BigAB, @chasen, @daffl, @pYr0x, @justinbmeyer, @m-mujica, @obaid, & @RyanWheale
- Yes to upgrading the syntax
- General problem: support all the combos of module formats, syntax, test library, etc.
- Some discussion around creating generators versus transpilers:
-- Make fewer transpilers that handle each conversion individually, e.g. one for QUnit to Mocha, CommonJS to ES6, etc.
-- Make generators for each combination, e.g. a QUnit to Mocha CommonJS generator, QUnit to Mocha ES6 generator, etc.
- Pro of transpilers: need to make fewer of them, can chain to support more combinations (e.g. QUnit to Mocha and Mocha to Jasmine transpilers make writing a QUnit to Jasmine transpiler unnecessary)
- Pro of generators: generally easier to write and encourage forking for specific needs
- Tabling any decisions until @phillipskevin is around
- Nice for a DoneJS 1.1 release to have decorator support
- Start making patterns that will be compatible with decorators in the future
- Awesome decorators feature: only apply modules to explicitly affect code instead of implicitly
- Heads up: decorators API might be discussed in a future TC39 meeting
Changes to ecosystem affect CanJS version:
can.all includes everything from ecosystem
- Idea: showing version compatability with named releases
- Idea: create
can.ecosystem that includes the ecosystem dependencies and is versioned independently
- Tabling this for now until we run into this issue